Mission, Vision, and Principles
Awaken Pittsburgh promotes personal and community well-being through mindfulness programs and compassionate actions.
Our vision is a Pittsburgh region where people are in touch with their basic goodness and can cultivate the confidence and dignity to create a more just and enlightened world.
We are committed to…
- Providing leadership in mindfulness education in our region;
- Offering services that uncover the basic goodness, innate kindness, resilience and dignity in individuals, organizations and communities;
- Communicating the strength of mindfulness in ways that honor its spiritual roots;
- Engaging in business practices that maintain the highest ethical standards and are grounded in mindfulness, generosity, humor and joy;
- Diversity, inclusion, and working to build healthy and just communities within an anti-racism framework;
- Fostering collaboration that responds compassionately to challenges and invites diverse voices to participate in awakened change;
- Promoting social justice, non-aggression, environmental awareness, individual self-care and collective healing;
- Creating enlightened communities that are gentle, inquisitive, warm and fearless.